- 2 cups half and half
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup (packed) plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 cups 1/2-inch cubes egg bread, about 10-ounces (I used a day-old loaf of French bread from the breadmaker)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
For bread pudding:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk half and half, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend. Fold in bread cubes. Stir in golden raisins. Transfer mixture to 11x7-inch glass baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes. Bake pumpkin bread pudding until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare caramel sauce:
Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Whisk in cream and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.
Sift powdered sugar over bread pudding. Serve warm with caramel sauce.